Caring for your Health & Safety
As a new era in hospitality begins, Central Athens Hotel is ready to welcome you safely, and in absolute accordance to the new health and safety protocols. We constantly update our procedures to be in accordance with all the updated health and safety regulations for our guests and our staff. Read below all the latest guidelines for a safe hospitality experience at Central Athens Hotel and enjoy your stay!
Given the particular situation with the outbreak of the Covid-19, we would like to inform you about the drastic measures that our hotel is taking to protect the health of our visitors, our employees and our suppliers.
Our goal is to provide safe and carefree holidays with high hygiene standards, as significant organizational changes are taking place. The plan also includes intensive training of employees to comply with all the requirements of this new situation.
Quick List of Health & Safety at Central Athens hotel
• Please follow the H.D.M. (Hands-Distance-Mask) Rule.
• Lobby TV screens will also be used for messaging and communication.
• Floor signage for physical distancing will exist at the common areas of the hotel.
• Hand sanitizer dispensers, will be placed at all hotel entrances, reception, meeting spaces, public WC.
• All lobby and restaurant areas will be open constantly for air circulation.
• Guests will be advised and will be reminded frequently from the hotel staff for physical distancing at least 1.5m away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing at reception, using elevators or circulating around the property.
• Only guests living in the same room we recommend to use the lift at the same time and if possible to avoid using it at all.
• Non-residents of the Hotels are not allowed to enter a room.
• Medical Kit. A complete medical kit will be available at the hotel’s Front desk which will contain disinfectant/wipes for surface cleaning Tissues, Face/eye masks (separate or combined, goggles), gloves, Full-length long-sleeved gown and laser thermometer.
• Front of the House Signage. Health and hygiene reminders throughout the property including the proper way to hand washing, distancing and usage of sanitizer dispenses.
• All reception areas are marked to keep the 1.5-meter distance rule that protects our customers during the check-in procedure or other occasions, such as activities or transfers arrangements.
• Public Spaces indoors & outdoors. Frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, front desk, doorman desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys, stair handrails, dining surfaces and seating areas. It will be highly recommended to all guests the usage of their in room WC and not the public ones.
• In case it occurs a suspected case of covid-19 by a guest or hotel employee, we are ready to take all necessary and mandatory measures based on Greek law.
• Online check in. Our customers will be able to check in up to 72 hours before the scheduled arrival, responding to the e-mail that will be automatically sent to them by our hotel, with the request to fill in their required details. Thus, the check in will be mainly done without contact and essentially only by showing the ID or passport and a credit card upon arrival, significantly reducing the customer's time at the reception.
• Protective plexi glass application has been installed at the front desk between guests and team members, to prevent the dispersion of particles.
• Guest will be asked upon check in if daily housekeeping service will be needed.
• Credit card as a payment method instead of cash will be reinforced.
• Check out time: 11:00 & Check in time: 15:00 in order to secure in-between timing for deep cleaning and control.
• Key card will be provided by front office. All key cards will be sanitized and placed within the key card folder.
• Luggage will be sanitized before the temporary stored in the luggage room or before the check in.
• Fast check out: Shortly before the departure, our guests can be informed by telephone for the status of bill. They are going to inform us via telephone about their acceptance. With this process, the time spent in the Reception area is reduced, since he/she now visits the reception to proceed with the final payment of his/her account.
Final invoices will be sent by email.
• All rooms and common areas are continuously disinfected and cleaned with Ecolab’s certification.
• Air Conditioning Cleaning and maintenance is made according to NPHO protocols.
• All rooms and common areas of Central Athens hotel are cleaned carefully using steam cleaner and fully complied with all the international standards cleaning products and the latest antibacterial, antiviral and virucidal solutions, several times throughout the day.
• All our hotels use cleaning products and follow protocols which meet NPHO guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria and other.
• Cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to clean guest rooms, particular attention to critical and high-touch items including telephone, television remote controls, toilet seats, door and furniture handles, light switches, temperature control panels, luggage racks, garbage bins and floors. All in room stationary, pens and pencils will be suspended.
• All bed linen and towels will be changed upon guest’s requirements and washed at a high temperature in accordance with NPHO guidelines.
• Housekeeping trolleys will be sanitized after each shift.
Food & Beverage
• Buffet breakfast will be suspended. Breakfast will be served A la carte by reservation.
• Food and beverages will be served mandatorily by the hotel's staff.
• Individual packaged goods will be available.
• To offer services to all of our guests, the opening hours of the restaurants and other hotel services are extended.
• As for our restaurant and lobby areas, the placement of tables follows exactly the distances required by the authorities. The common areas must be occupied only by the maximum number of people permitted. You could enjoy any meal by reserving your table in advance.
• Our room service will be delighted to serve you.
• Breakfast-to-go boxes are also available.
• Hard copy menus will be suspended and will be available only upon request.
• Digital menus will be available.
• Service and beverage stations to be sanitized at least once per hour
• POS terminals to be sanitized after each usage.
• Meeting Spaces. Meeting and banquet set-up arrangements will allow for physical distancing between guests in all meetings and event rooms based on NPHO and state recommendations. Buffet style food service will be suspended and replaced by alternative service styles.
• Our contractors and suppliers of goods and services follow similar Health & safety measures.
• Items be sanitized prior its inhouse dispatch.
Staff Training & Regulations
• Our staff wears face masks and disposable gloves or uses antibacterial hand sanitizers. We closely follow all the latest guidelines from the World Health Organization, the Greek Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Tourism, The Hellenic Chamber of Hotels and our staff is constantly trained on all latest about Covid19.
• Thermal controls to all employees at the entrance of the hotel. Hand sanitizer upon arrival is mandatory, too.
• Our employees have been given clear instructions on how to respond promptly and report all cases of COVID-19 on property.
• Employees will be reminded not to touch their faces, keep physical distancing at least 1.5 m away from guests and other employees.
• Employees are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well.
• Hand Washing. Personal hygiene and frequent handwashing with soap is vital. (every 60 minutes for 20 seconds)
• All employees have received training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols. A more detailed training will be conducted to front line teams having frequent guest contact such as Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Front Office, Maintenance and Security.
• All employees, will be provided a mask. Front line teams are required to wear that mask while on duty. Gloves will be provided to Housekeeping and Food & Beverage teams.
• Shared Equipment, will be sanitized before, during and after each shift or usage. This includes critical surfaces as phones, keyboards, computers and other communication devices, payment terminals, kitchen implements, Food & Beverage equipment such coffee machines etc engineering tools, cleaning equipment, security keys and any other direct contact items used throughout the Hotel.